Sunday, September 28, 2008

Armstrong weekend

Well, we had another wonderful weekend with family. This time, my inlaws all traveled to Borger to visit us. Casey's parents came from Colorado and his sister, brother-in-law, and nephew came from Albany. Avery loved the company, but mostly enjoyed all the extra attention. We started with the Borger Homecoming parade. Avery loved the firetrucks and loud noises, but wasn't too impressed with the rest of the parade. Maybe next year she will understand the whole thing a little better.
Saturday was a perfect day for golf. Here is the golf crew ready to play. My mother-in-law, Janice, Hegan (Casey's friend), Casey, my brother-in-law, Shawn, my father-in-law, Danny, and my little nephew Boone.
My sister-in-law, Angela, and I went along to watch for fun. Avery had to take a short power nap after we arrived, but was then ready to walk all over the place with Boone.

Casey and I went to an event at a nearby ranch called Hope Extravaganza which benefits the American Cancer Society. There were auctions, charity games, steak dinner, and a concert with dancing which included a couple of different bands. We had a blast and the weather was perfect for the outside party. Casey's parents and sister and brother-in-law went with us.

Here's a picture of me and Kevin Fowler after the concert. It was so fun and Casey and I danced almost the whole time he was singing. The dance floor was right below the stage where Kevin Fowler was playing so it was really fun.

No comments: