Friday, October 16, 2009

12 Week Checkup

Today I went to the OB for my 12 week checkup. The doctor quizzed me on my recent flu symptoms and reassured me that since I am getting better, no complications should arise from the nasty swine flu with my pregnancy. He did a quick measure of my tummy and we listened for the heartbeat. It was nice and strong at 166 bpm. I can't remember what Avery's tiny heartbeat was at 12 weeks so not much to compare it to at this point. I was very relieved to hear that everything looked good and that the baby can not be affected by the flu virus. Although I feel like a bloated cow, surprisingly I had not gained any weight. It must just be redistributing itself around my midsection! The stage before your actual "bump" pops out is not flattering at all as all you who have experienced pregnancy are aware of. Anyways, we are so excited about this little baby knowing the joy that Avery brings to our lives everyday (who, by the way is doing better today as well). Back to the doctor in 4 weeks...

No comments: